Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I'm having trouble getting my site to look good on all resolutions. I designed it using 800*600 so that it fits that perfectly and would then scale up nicely for higher resolutions.

However there is a slight problem I can't seem to fix. Here is the site:

http://zoid.ath.cx/~swg/

Now the problem is that the tab on the right has that little white gap between the left edge image and the main tab background image. I really want to get rid of this gap so the corner will always sit right upto the main body of the tab.

Can anybody help me?

Member #
    Huh? Why using so deep screen resolutions. Most use 800x600 and 1024x768 (Only Mutlimedia Designs have deeper resolutions)
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by Webmasterplanet
    Huh? Why using so deep screen resolutions. Most use 800x600 and 1024x768 (Only Mutlimedia Designs have deeper resolutions)
    I use 1280x1024 all the time and I don't do a lot of video/audio editing; 1024x768 is the low average of screen resolutions.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    frances_farmer: the reason you're having your particular problem is because the widths of your cells are absolute (in pixels) instead of relative (in percentages proportionate to the table). If you do plan on using an image header, try putting in another cell with width "100%" and a background; you can combine absolute and relative pixel widths in this manner. The other thing you may want to do is turn your body background dark.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Most use 800x600

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'd disagree; most probably use 1024x768. Either way thankfully 640x480 is rare.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Actually, Webmasterplanet is right on this. The most common resolution used is 800x600 (I remember reading stats on this somewhere once). This would make sense since it appears to be the default resolution on most video card settings and a good number of people wouldn't have the knowledge or the courage required to change it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Well 640x480 disappeard Windows XP doesn't include at the first screen of Screen Setting. You have to goto Advanced>Adapter>List all Modules and then you change it from there ....

Member #
    Actually it is possible to run 640x480 on windows XP. Although it is very annoying to do seeing as the gui for windows XP takes up half of the screen already... that was a joke btw.
    Yes, he is right abou the 800x600 resolution thing. I really thought that since 17inch monitors are the standard in this age, (I also read that about 83% of all computer users today in the US are using 17 inch monitors or higher) that people would leave it at it's standard resolution, 1024x768. I however have excelent vision and run my monitors to the top usually on resolution. I have a 17 inch at home with 1280x1024. My 19inch flatscreen crt here at work is set to 2040x1536. I do a lot of coding and image editing and stuff here and usually have a mass amount of windows open, so i need the taskbar space I guess.
    Also, your problem with that site IS in fact that you didn't have percentages set.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    well, i would agree about making the site for 800x600 users. I use 1024x768, but the average customer doesn't even know how to change the resolution of their computer screen. This results in forcing the web designer to make 800x600 sites...
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads