Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a web project with 5 asp pages:

the login page
    the check the loging page
    the page with most of the data
    and include file name .....asp (per King's suggestion)
    and a dummy page which says: "and here be dragons. More to come" with some data passed from the data page.

It was working fine and the 1st 4 pages are still working.

I was trying to change the last page by simply modifying the passed data, and the change wasn't taking.

I found that this was because the default directory was pointing to the wrong directory. I changed the default from a network directory to a local direcotory. While changing that, I was given the option of selecgting half a million things that IIS claimed would be affected. I selected all and went on.

Now the story gets murkier. The change STILL wasn't taking so I went into the data page, changed the call to the dummy page from "..." to "x...".

Naturally, I couldn't find the "new" dummy page. I went back into the data page changed the call from "x..." to "..." and it STILL wanted the "x..." page.

I went back to data, changed to "x...", changed the name of the dummy asp page to "x..." and lo and behold, it worked. I then attempted to change the dummy page again, and no go. What in the world is going on????
    DerFarm
    I talk to squirrels.
    Squirrels Answer.

Member #
    Ok, I removed IIS and re-installed it, along with IE. Along the way, I also removed FastFind Indexing.

Could the Indexing have been the problem? It's like the IIS was pulling the page from memory rather than the directory position. I did have the retrieve property set to 0, however, so the browser should have had to go the original page.
    DerFarm
    I talk to squirrels.
    Squirrels Answer.

Remove Ads