Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm not sure if this could or would involve php etc, but I have a page which a frame on it. In this frame there is a page it loads. Once the page is loaded within the frame, the page redirects itself elsewhere.

Now that is the problem, I want it to load the first page, but once it relocates elsewhere I want the frame to just die off, stop, anything but go to that link. How can I control the frame this way from my site? I have no access to the pages that are being loaded with in the frame.

**** In case the above was a little confusing I'll just write and example, if you understood it then just skip this *****

I have a page "http://mysite.com/master.php"... on the page is a frame that has "http://notmysite.com/location.html" loaded into it. Once location.html has finished loading, it will then redirect to "http://notmysite.com/index.html". I it to load the "location.html" in the Frame, but once it is done and it tries to go to "index.html" have something interrupt it.... it CANNOT go to index.html.

**** Example done ****

Can anyone help me out? I really need to do this but I have never done anything like this and I don't know if it's even possible. Thanks for any help.
    Pixel Fuse - Signature webpage, just a spashpage.
    Flash Frogger - Frogger remake, animated/coded in Flash (incomplete/discontinued)
    Daase Art Studio - Homepage of David Daase, a Canadian landscape artist - image gallery/showcase.
    More links if I think of some...

Member #
    This doesn't make any sense, if you don't want the page to redirect why don't you just remove the redirect script from the source? There's no need to 'interrupt' it. ???

Member #
    Is this a foreign site that has some sort of leeching protection set.
    (meaning it checks the referrer link and redirects to the original site's index page if someone is trying to hotlink to it?)
    S. Rosland

Member #
    No.. there is no anti-leech script that checks referral address. It's kind of like a hit counter thing. It loads a page that will register the hit, but once it's registered the hit, it loads another page which I DON'T want it to load. I know this sounds weird, but the circumstances ARE weird. I can't take any short cuts .. it must be done like this. Can it be done?
    Flash Frogger - Frogger remake, animated/coded in Flash (incomplete/discontinued)
    Daase Art Studio - Homepage of David Daase, a Canadian landscape artist - image gallery/showcase.

Member #
    Not sure, since it's an external page (over which you have no control). The browser reads it and executes any embedded commands.
    You would have to insert your own commands to interfere with the embedded instructions prior to execution, or somehow manipulate the clients browser through your main page prior to it loading the I-frame. Sounds impossible.

But then again, who knows? (I have no clue)
    S. Rosland

Member #
    If I'm mistaken, I apologise, but It sounds like you're wanting to hijack/control an external file that is not yours. Try doing it the legit way: pay for the service/ask the owner to use a revised version of his script.

Member #
    graphikjunkie: you make it sound be or evil.... its nothing likes that, it's actually quite a simple matter but has to be done this way...

Is there any way I can do something like :

if *iframe* = "http://someurl.com/page1.html"
    - - - - *iframe = "about:blank"

^ somehow control the iframe based on its url... some sites load pages into a frame without actually reloading the whole page... can't you do something simlar and just control the frame?

Remove Ads