Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Metatags

Member #
    I have one of my webpages set to just redirect with a frame. I know that google and other browsers don't support this and now that I'm listing in Google, all it does for the title of my page is say "You browser does not support frames. We recommend..." and if you click that it goes to my site.

Since then I have changed the metatags on the domain so that hopefully it will show up the next time google goes out and updates my sites info. I'm just wondering though... my site is still just a frame which google can not view properly... will it just grab my metatags instead and display those?

The reason I'm unsure is because I often see search engines displaying the text of the site itself rather than the metatags... how can you manipulate what is shown in the search engines... and also how often does google etc, get updated?
    Pixel Fuse - Signature webpage, just a spashpage.
    Flash Frogger - Frogger remake, animated/coded in Flash (incomplete/discontinued)
    Daase Art Studio - Homepage of David Daase, a Canadian landscape artist - image gallery/showcase.
    More links if I think of some...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Code:
    <frameset>
        <frame />
        <noframes>
            <a href="page1.htm">Page 1</a>
            <a href="page2.htm">Page 2</a>
            <a href="page3.htm">Page 3</a>
        </noframes>
    </frameset>
    Also, make sure to have a link on every page back to the index page. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ does it perfectly. (The breadcrumbs at the top)

Remove Ads