Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My page works fine in IE 5.5, but we are aiming to make our pages cross browser compatible (hence the use of CSS). I am getting some bizarre happenings in mozilla firefox.

1.) It seems to ignore my H5 tag (see sub headings).
    2.) Most DIVs display fine, but the one with the building image inside just goes to the top left corner of the page. You can see this at:

http://www.stourbridge.ac.uk/gallery04/contacts.htm

Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Member #
    looks fine in FF for me, btw you seem to have a fixed width which is larger than the actual page, which casues h-scrolls to appear, might wanna fix that for people on lower resolutions.

only problem i saw in FF was that there line spacing looked bigger, and on the home page, the "links" link had dropped down to the next line.

Member #
    That is strange, where I work on two computers we have strange displays of that image of the building. A bug on our machines or something possibly?

Member #
    I see everything correctly, but you have to reduce the size of the table to 770 pixels to ensure that it displays correctly (without horizontal scroll bar) in 800x600

Member #
    FIXED! The problem was that I had 2 container divs, one with a width of 790, one with 792. I changed them both to 792 so that the image could fir properly into the page.

Thanks for the suggestions,
    Mark

Remove Ads