Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Sorry I don't have a link at the moment. The site is very much in the testing phases (embarrased). I might PM it to someone if need be.

I have a basic question. I'm redesigning my site now, and I'm doing a good job of testing it in Mozilla and IE simultaneously. However, I've hit a stump.

One page goes 3 div containers deep. I've got a center column, then a container that basically holds everything in a nice row that I put thumbnails in, and each thumbnail (plus caption) is in a smaller container.

It looks something like
    center column->row->thumnbail holder
    The thumnbail div container is necessary to hold the caption (and for a border if I ever deem it necessary).

Mozilla problem:
    If I use all three div containers, my links don't work. I've quadruple checked, and the <a href>'s are syntaxed properly, but they don't appear as links when viewing the page. I can cut out the 'row' container, and do something like center column->thumbnail holder, then use <br> to break into a new row whenever I want. It displays fine, and the links work fine, however, that gives rise to the IE problem.

IE problem:
    In IE, I need all three of those containers. If I try center column->thumbnail (which works in Mozilla) and then use line breaks to start a new row of thumbnails, they're out of alignment. However, in this situation, the <a href>'s work.

Most everything else I've been able to work around. The only thing I can do in this case is fall back to using a table, unless I'm missing some underlying problem here.

I'm using Perl to code the site. It's possible to use different formats depending on the browser, but I just don't think it should be that way.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'd almos guarentee you're missing some quotes somewhere.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads