Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm trying to make background images for each of my DIV areas so it gives the "transparent" effect. My CSS style sheet looks like:

<style type="text/css">

body {background: black url(images/self_nonoriginal.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat fixed;}
    div#content {background: #468 url(images/self_nonoriginal_grn.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat fixed;}
    div#links a {background: black url(images/self_nonoriginal_fade.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat fixed;}
    </style>

which you can see that the background images are specified at "0 0 no-repeat fixed" Each image starts at the corner of the div area though and not the corner of the browser window. I've tried viewing this in IE 5, which theoretically this is supposed to work in.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    do you have this online so we can have a look?
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    I figured out what the problem was. It was browser issues. I tried it on Netscape 7.1 and it works fine. Most likely the source I found the basics of the code from lied about it being IE 5 compatible.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Remove Ads