Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: How Do I...

Member #
    Hello.
    I have just signed up to the forums! So Hi

I have been webdesigning for quite some time, I am only 16 years old though.

However, I am wondering, how to do the following...

1) There is a space for the "Recent News" and i think it would be nice to have something scrolling here... it will be on the side menu, but accessible by all pages.
    I have used really simple tables and HTML to get the basic layout, it is basically one big picture...
    But what we do want, is "Recent News", where it could scroll or something. But everytime there is recent news or something, it will take ages to put it on every single page and then upload EVERYTHING.
    So surely there is an easier way?

2) There will be a regular newsletter going out, and for people to subscribe there will be a "Enter Your Email Address to Subscribe to the Newsletter", however, i can make the box for them to type the address, but no idea how the rest will work...

Thanks for all your help.
    -_Dan

p.s: We are trying to avoid using an engine using PHP Nuke, because I can also enter this site as coursework for my Exams!!, which is why I am trying to find out how to do it.
    Thank you again!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Use Server Side Includes (SSI):

Server Side Includes are special tags that can be used in PHP, ASP, JSP, and SHTML scripts to include the contents of one text-based (html, etc.) file into another.

Find details on how to use them here: http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...5519#post68869

For the second question, do a search the php forum for form mail:

[searchwdf]form mail[/searchwdf]

Member #
    Okay... But

Hi again.
    Thanks for your help so far.

Will the form mail just send an email to the addres you specify, including the person who wants it email address?

Isnt there a way where the address the specify gets added to a database, then you can use that database as an email address which forwards it to everyone else?

Thanks a lot
    -_Amnesia

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It depends on the script you use... do that search and reply to the thread containing the script with this question.

Member #
    There was nothing that came up which suited what I need... so I will send a post in the PHP section

Remove Ads