Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Okay, it was difficult to get a real description of my problem in the title . . .

Here is what I'm TRYING to do. I've created template graphic, which I've sliced up in ImageReady for use as the template for my site. It has a top and bottom banner, a sidebar, and a body area. Look at it here: http://www.mcm11.org/newdesign/newerdesign.html

I have sliced it so that there is a small bit of the side bar at the bottom that is a seperate graphic. I would like to set it so that if the body area get's filled with text or other info the bottome banner will drop down and the little slice of sidebar will repeat to fill the space (like the news boxes in Nuke, etc.). I'm assuming this is a CSS thing, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work. It seems like when I add text to the body section, it splits like a table, and the main sidebar image centers on the body section with a large whit space above and below (needless to say, this is ugly . . .)

Any help on this?

Member #
    Apparently, your sidebar is a single color (the yellowish bar on the left?)
    If so, the "image" doesn't need to be more 1x1 px square. Set that color as background in the cell (repeats automatically to fill the designated space).
    S. Rosland

Member #
    That's an idea I hadn't thought of, but unforunately it would break a design element I had been working with, which is the blue line next to the side bar.

Member #
    Doh! Thanks for the reply, even more so. It got me looking at different things, and I just set my side bar as the BG image for the cell. Works perfect, and a much simple solution . . .

Member #
    :classic:
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads