Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CSS mystery

Member #
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Always use double-quotes, not single-quotes. Also, unrelated to the problem, #DDD is not a fully-qualified color code. Use #DDDDDD for a moderately light gray, or any other six hex digits.

Try validating your code to catch any more problems, then reply back: http://validator.w3.org/ .
    According to
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.2

"By default, SGML requires that all attribute values be delimited using either double quotation marks (ASCII decimal 34) or single quotation marks (ASCII decimal 39)."

So the quotes are not an issue, also #58A is an accepted version of #5588AA.

Also, validates fine.

I have edited the original post. Got the colors the wrong way round. The space between was obvious - not sure why I put that in - but still the real question is 'Why is the box 12px high?' This is the mystery.

Member #
    Originally posted by glyakk
    I tested the css you posed and the grey box is 36 pixles heigh in firefox. I think you mean the red box is 12px high. Line height does not define your content area... If you have ever used a type writer, line height would be how far the roller would feed your paper each time you added a new line.

Thanks for that. Actually, I stupidly left the the 'why is there the space in there, when it was patently obvious. Originally, I was testing with smaller leading/lineheight, and the question made sense' My real question is about the 12px grey (now correct color!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads