Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My layout should be pretty easy to achieve. Can't figure out why I'm getting scroll bars in IE5. And in Netscape 6 I'm hardly getting what I planned at all. I thought I knew better how to do this... My books don't even talk about scroll with tables. I could try the frame attribute scrolling="no" but why should I have to? And for netscape, I guess it's something about margins or padding or size or something... Any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Not quite sure what the problem is.. i cannot seem to reproduce it. I am using IE5 and 5.5 both with SP1. I dont have a copy of Netscape 6. Maybe you could take some screehshots?

Member #
    Ok, I'll set up a couple of screen shots. I'm of the same opinion, write clean compliant code, user's responsibililty to use decent browsers. I'm just frustrated beginner... I didn't elaborate, I'm writing my code with just plain simple text and I'm a mac user. Haven't even tried looking at the results on a PC yet. I see a lot of wdf folks reference Zeldman. I'm using Elizabeth Castro's HTML etc Visual Quick Start book.

Member #
    here's screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Is this page sitting inside of a frameset?

Member #
    No, I didn't want to get into the frameset code category, so I'm hoping to use a table. I do also know how to do imagemap but it shouldn't be necessary since this is such a simple grid. Ultimately each of these vignettes will be a hot link to a larger image w/text.
    At least in netscape I don't get the scrollbars inside the window. about my css file, I guess I need to attach it too for anyone to be able to see what I've attempted...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    my css. I'm leaving my work space for the evening, but I'll check back tomorrow and continue to try to untangle my problem. Usually when I get such wierd results I just start all over and re write the code a little at a time. What is SP1?

Member #
    good morning, anybody there? hello glyakk?

Member #
    so now I've disconnected the style sheet and the scroll in IE went away and the layout settled down in Netscape. Now the only problem is how to get Netscape to recognize the background color. ..?

Member #
    Better now, check it out! (Must it take a day to work out such problems? This is just one page)

Remove Ads