Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, i am trying to make a page without using a frame set, i have a links box on the left side of my page and have pulled the content up next to it. The problem is that my content shoots off the right side of the page and i can't make it shrink with the window. Also, it seems to be ignoring my pixal commands. As i have set one at 50 px from left and one at 100px from left, they should be ontop of each other, but somehow line up about 50 px apart. Anyway here is my style sheet, please help me make the content bit stay within page boundrys.

.content {
    position:absolute;
    top: 50px;
    left: 100px;
    margin:0px 100px 50px;
    display:inline;
    padding:20px;
    color:#070066;
    background-color:#CECCFF;
    border:1px dashed black;

.links {
    position:absolute;
    top: 50px;
    left: 50px;

Member #
    I would really need to see it in action to find the problem, but are you not specifying widths for everything?
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    Eh, if one is 50px from the left, and another is 100px from the left, then it SHOULD be 50px apart . . . If you want them on top of each other, you should set one to 50px, and the other to 50px. If that isn't what you ment, I want to point out that you do have 50px in your margin. Also, you didn't close EITHER of those CSS exclimations with a "}", which is more than a little nessecary . . . .
    Really, instead of absolute positioning you are better off using tables. Then your problems tend to solve themselves.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    If one is 50 from the left border, and it is 50 wide, then the 2nd would have to be 100 from the left border so that the first one's right side butts up against the 2nd one's left side.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads