Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a tutorial that can teach me how to use Photoshop to make slices out of a Photoshop layout, then go to Dreamweaver or any editor and create a working layout with it where I can type and add the content. Does that make sense?

I found one but the person didn't type very well and I got very confused, but I really want to do it now.

Please help.

The tutorial I found was at: http://www.thesouthernlegacy.com/for...hp?p=1408#1408

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    This isn't a tutorial, but this is what I do with Photoshop and it works very well:
    1. Slice up your image and save it as a web page with images.
    2. Open up the page in your favourite text editor, and beside it, a new window.
    3. Copy and paste each section of ImageReady-created code a table row at a time, ensuring that you make each row its own table.

The reason you want to do this is so that if any one row screws up a table layout, it only screws up the table layout within that row.

In the case of slices which use the ROWSPAN attribute, all of thsoe rows must be a table on their own, not each individual row. (e.g. if you have a slice that says "ROWSPAN=3", then the table must incorporate at least 3 rows.)

Again, this may help, but it's not really a tutorial. I found most of them to be completely useless.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    That's a good idea. It sounds like it would work I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. Do you have any example sites I could look at to see their code?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    http://www.webdesignhelper.co.uk/pho...utorial2.shtml

That is all. Thank you.

This is where I got all my basic ideas of how to do it.

Member #
    Thanks a lot. I printed it and will attempt it later

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    DigitalBliss: only one, since we've only attempted it on Intranet sites before now:

http://www.adamitpros.ca

Basically, you'll see that the first row is a table, the second row is a table, and so on and so on.

Remember...ImageReady does not generate the best code, so you will have to edit it manually.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hmm... that link didn't work :/

Remove Ads