Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an HTML page which is a newsletter. I want to be able to add it to an email message so I can email it to people. I want it to be in the body of the email, not sent as an attachment.

There is a .htm page, several images, and a .css page. I need all of these to be embedded for the page to work correctly. I can put the styles from the .css file into the html page, but I still need to know how to embed the images.

I tried creating stationary, but it didn't put the images in the email.

I know it is possible to do this. Can someone give me some pointers as to how to get an HTML page along with several images into an email message.

I am currently using Outlook 2003.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Don't know myself, but 1 thing to keep in mind, is that your readers may not have HTML enabled in their e-mail readers.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Well I am not a fan of HTML email, or expert creating it but I have had to do it a time or two. Also I am sure there are programs out there talor made to do this.

First you type in the url of the page you want to email into the outlook bar. (Replace outlook:\\Mailbox... with http://localhost.page.html or wherever your page happens to be) and press enter.

You will then see your page inside of outlook. Then go to actions > send page by email. Then you send like any other email, put your recoepiants, etc..

Just be sure to remove any thing like the <HR> that is normally placed there by default.

Like i said this is proabably a very cude way of doing this and i am positive there are much better ways, but out of nessessaty this is what i came up with.

NOTE: also with outlook express you are able to view and edit the source code of an email message as if it were a regular html document. Something I have not found you can do with outlook.

Hope this helps.

Member #
    Actually, the type of person who had an HTML email reader will likely have broadband too, so linking to the images is just as effective. I get stuff with images from macromedia all the time, and they don't embed anything.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. That can always happen.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Remove Ads