Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Page Jump Help

Member #
    Can someone help? I am trying to make page jumps for my page and I can't seem to do them. As you can see, I am making a HTML help page. I want my visitors to be able to click on the links and have (ie. intro.html) appear in the space down in the box. Here is the link: geocities.com/gangstadesigntips Also, will I have the text box or should I say div with a transparent background?

Cynthia

Member #
    Just took a look at your HTML, and it's a mess. You may want to brush up on some html at www.w3schools.com . To do what you're trying to do though, you'd create the i-frame and then target your links to the iframe, like so:
    Code:
    <iframe width="500" length="300" name="myiframe"  src="home.html">
    Code:
    <a href="intro.html" target="myiframe">Intro</a>

Member #
    It's not what I wanted to do, actually so excuse my codes. I am going to try that and hope that it'll work. :classic: Where would I insert this and do I repeat this code?

Member #
    If you can, you'll be better off slicing that image up instead of using the whole image as your background. Also, your CSS should go in the <head></head> section of your page, not in the body. You're missing all of the basic tags, like <html>, <head> and <body>. Start with those tags and read up on them to make a proper html page.

Member #
    Oh boy...Oh, I had erased those because I didn't think it was important. Oops. This is harder than I thought.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Your problem is here:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/gangstadesigntips/intro.html>Intro</a>

You're missing the closing quote. Use this instead:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/gangstadesigntips/intro.html">Intro</a>

PS - You go to FSU?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The problem is he is probably using Geocities to generate his page.

Member #
    Hi transio,

Yep, I go to FSU....*tee hee*

Did you go here?

Cynthia :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Great. Now transio's mackin' on the ladytypes.

This is only semi-related to the issue, but Cynthia, you may find it easier to work on Brinkster's servers as opposed to Geocities. They let you use their servers free on their "Educational Plan" and don't ad-support. This would make it easier for you to debug your stuff, since you won't have all that dopey Geocities ad code in the way.

The catch is that at some point, you're supposed to love their service so much that you'll spend hundreds of dollars on their paid hosting and refer all of your friends and wear their logo t-shirt out to 5-star restaurants and have an "I LOVE BRINKSTER!" bumper sticker for your car...but you don't have to do any of that stuff.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I was think about changing servers. I like your spunk, Game! :classic: Imma check that out. Thanks!

Cynthia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads