Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi folks,

I've implemented 3 fly out menus using CSS layers and JavaScript. I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004 to implement the fly out menus and I've followed the Dreamweaver Auto Layers tutorial at: http://www.projectseven.com/tutorial...oser/index.htm

I've created 3 separate layers for the 3 fly out menus. I've also created 3 "closer layers" that immediately surround each fly out menu layer. The problem I'm having is that when I preview in a browser, it seems to work the first time I mouse over each menu, but then when i test again, the fly out menu continues to disappear everytime I mouse over the fly out menu. And if I move to quickly over the buttons, the fly out menus donít always appear properly either.

These are the steps I've taken:
    -I created a closer layer around each fly out menu layer

-Then I applied the Auto layers behavior to the "who we are" button hotspot (this is what will trigger the fly out menu to appear) and set "show" for the "whomenu" fly out menu layer and "whomenucloser" layer. I then set the mouse event to "onMouseOver"

-Next, I selected each hotspot surrounding the "who we are" hotspot and applied the Auto Layers behavior. I didn't set any option for this I just added the behavior and clicked ok. Then I set the mouse even to OnMouseOver. I added this behavior to ALL other hotspots: Home, Earn Cash Rewards, Services Available, FAQs, Free Practice Tools, Contact Us and Compare Us.

-Then I clicked inside the closer layer and selected the spacer GIF image (which is the same dimension as the closer layer) and added the Auto layer behavior again. I didnt set anything, i just clicked OK and set the mouse event to onMouseOver.

-I then applied the Auto layers behavior to the "Services Available" hotspot (this is what will trigger the fly out menu to appear) and set "show" for the "servicesmenu" and "servicesmenucloser" layers. I then set the mouse event to "onMouseOver"

Do I need to add the Auto Layer behavior again to all surrounding buttons? Is this where I'm going wrong? It's very frustrating because I'm following the steps in the tutorial but it's not working properly. Please help!

This is the Web page that has the fly out menus in question: http://www.warrantywarehouse.com/chi...ting/index.htm

Thanks.

Remove Ads