Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    5099
    How do you get an HTML link to open two separate pages at the same time?

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member jlgosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    4570
    Liked
    7 times
    Javascript, maybe.

    HTML can't do it, I don't think. Unless you can put an anchor around an anchor.


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    5099
    Quote Originally Posted by newfiewebguru
    Javascript, maybe.

    HTML can't do it, I don't think. Unless you can put an anchor around an anchor.
    So in your mind, what's the best javascript site to find such things like this?

  5. #4
    Senior Member jlgosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    4570
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't know any good javascript sites.

    In google though, type something like:

    "JavaScript Resources"
    "JavaScript Scripts"
    "JavaScript"
    "JavaScript Tutorials"


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    5099
    I've found that looking for a script like this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Does anyone know where to find something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by newfiewebguru
    I don't know any good javascript sites.

    In google though, type something like:

    "JavaScript Resources"
    "JavaScript Scripts"
    "JavaScript"
    "JavaScript Tutorials"

  7. #6
    Senior Member jlgosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    1,037
    Member #
    4570
    Liked
    7 times
    Why did you quote me on that?


  8. #7
    Senior Member james's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    364
    Member #
    1352
    If the pages are page1.html and page2.html, then this should work...

    HTML Code:
    <a href="javascript:window.open('page1.html','','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');javascript:window.open('page2.html','','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');return true;">Open two pages</a>
    ... untested.

    I can't remember what all the parameters are for, but a quick google for "javascript openpopup" should tell you.
    James H
    Home Page · Mars Page · www.fihsf1.net (formerly www·fihs·net)

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    5099
    Nope, that code didn't work either. This task is becoming harder and harder than I originally thought it would. I can't find anything that would allow me to accomplish this task.
    Quote Originally Posted by james
    If the pages are page1.html and page2.html, then this should work...

    HTML Code:
    <a href="javascript:window.open('page1.html','','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');javascript:window.open('page2.html','','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');return true;">Open two pages</a>
    ... untested.

    I can't remember what all the parameters are for, but a quick google for "javascript openpopup" should tell you.

  10. #9
    Senior Member james's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    364
    Member #
    1352
    This works:
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      function Open2Popups (page1,page2) {
        window.open(page1,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        window.open(page2,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        return false;
      }
    </script>
    
    </head>
    
    <body>
    
    <a href="#" onclick="Open2Popups('page1.html','page2.html');">Open two pages</a>
    
    </body>
    </html>
    I tested it on Moz/FF and IE.

    This variant is better:
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      function Open2Popups (page1,page2) {
        window.open(page1,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        window.open(page2,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
      }
    </script>
    
    </head>
    
    <body>
    
    <a href="javascript:Open2Popups('page1.html','page2.html');">Open two pages</a>
    
    </body>
    </html>
    James H
    Home Page · Mars Page · www.fihsf1.net (formerly www·fihs·net)

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    17
    Member #
    5099
    Surely enough, it works! Thanks a lot man. You have no idea how much you've helped me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by james
    This works:
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      function Open2Popups (page1,page2) {
        window.open(page1,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        window.open(page2,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        return false;
      }
    </script>
    
    </head>
    
    <body>
    
    <a href="#" onclick="Open2Popups('page1.html','page2.html');">Open two pages</a>
    
    </body>
    </html>
    I tested it on Moz/FF and IE.

    This variant is better:
    HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      function Open2Popups (page1,page2) {
        window.open(page1,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
        window.open(page2,'','width=600,height=500, scrollbars, resizable');
      }
    </script>
    
    </head>
    
    <body>
    
    <a href="javascript:Open2Popups('page1.html','page2.html');">Open two pages</a>
    
    </body>
    </html>


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

html multiple pages one link
,
html one link multiple pages
,
html one link open two pages
,
html open two pages with one link
,

one link open several pages in html

,
one password for multiple pages html
,
open multiple pages html link
,
opening multiple pages with one link
,
opening two pages with one link
Click on a term to search for related topics.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com