Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    ok, here's the case:
    i am going to create a layout. The layout will be divided into 2 part:
    Left Part, where the main content is
    Right Part (the navigation part), where the navigation, shoutbox, link, and other non-content part is.

The problem is, i want my page is all-resolution compliant so i will have to use relative size (such as width:100%) for some part on my page instead of absolute size (such as width:100px

So, i want my Left Part to use a relative size, but my Right part with an absolute size, because the navigation contains alot of div's that will messed up if i'm using the relative size and i tried to resize the browser window to a lower size (ex: 500px)

Anyone can help?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    First of all, give us a link to the site so we can see what you have so far. That way, we can look at it using many different monitors and browsers.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with having navigation on the right side, but most people are used to the navigation on the left. This might cause a little confusion.

Member #
    Here's the page:
    i tested on FireFox and IE 6 currently works fine. I havent tested it with Opera.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.geocities.com/deztructi0n_beta/wee.htm
    It's actually a valid xhtml 1.0 strict page but off course the geo's script makes it all messed up

Remove Ads