Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    How can I get layers to stay in place?

When I add a text field within a layer to a graphic in Dreamweaver it appears to be fine. When I view it in the Browser it is repositioned.

I have a large background image, in which i only have a small space to work within! are layers the best solution for me?

I have assembled the site in Dreamweaver MX and have created my design within tables. The tables I have created have a background image inserted in the background, but my only problem is, I only have a small space to work in. I have played around with various settings in MX to try and rectify the problem, but every time I add text to the main table document, it duplicates the image to make space for the text and stretches the main image. I am going to be using the site to run an ASP database from so I need plenty of space within the page to display my records.

Please drop me an email if you can help as i have a nunber of screen captures with the problems i am facing

Any suggestions would be great, as I am fairly new to Web Design

Tom Upton

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Make sure that the layer's "position" CSS attribute is absolute, not static or relative.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads