Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with IE, again. I sliced up an image in Photoshop Image Ready, and copied the outputted code into my html file. I then added a class to each image slice, containing "display: block;", so the images wouldn't get blown apart in netscape.

By using "display: block;" IE now separates my two tables with a space. I'm not sure how to get rid of this space, or why it is put in there to begin with. Any help is appreciated.

Member #
    can we see a link?
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    I changed the background color to red, so it is easier to spot the space between the tables. Here is a link.

http://206.116.224.94:447/slice.html

Load up the page using IE, and netscape to compare.

Member #
    Looks perfect in Opera, IE, Netscape, Firefox, and Mozilla . . . maybe you are using an older version of IE?
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    I'm using IE 6, but I have noticed it does strange things sometimes. Thanks for confirming that it displays properly in all the browsers I guess I'll try to reinstall IE, just for testing purposes.

I'm currently hooked on the new mozilla firefox 0.8 browser. I don't know how I could live without that tabbing feature I highly recommend everyone to try this browser out.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yep, looks identical (as intended) in IE/Firefox 0.8

And yes, firefox rules.. I've been using it exclusively since 0.6 and think it's the best thing to happen to browsing since Netscape 2 that I started using in elementry school
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I have reinstalled IE6, and it still has that space between the two tables. I also used my brothers computer to test it using his IE6, and it shows that white space. Which version of IE are you guys using, and did you install all the service packs for it?

I also noticed that IE sometimes has trouble loading up all the images, and I need to hit f5 to refresh the screen to get the last few images to load. I'll take your guys word that it works, since mines seems buggy.

Member #
    Since I couldn't get the result I wanted with my version of IE, I had Image-Ready make up the code in css using divs, instead of tables. It seems to be working how I want it to work in all browsers now.

Remove Ads