Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Ok I'm redesigning my site, http://www.negative0.no-ip.com/versu...2k/index.shtml, and I need some DIVs to extend all the way down the page. You will see to the right there is a shaddow, it is this div that I want to extend the entier length of the page, as well as the one to the left.

height: 100% works in Mozilla but not IE... how supprising! Does any one know of, or if there indeed exists, a work around for this problem in IE? I can't seem to find or think of a work around nomatter how hard I think.

Anyone... please?

Member #
    Set that DIV's background to repeat:repeat-y and you are all set

Member #
    I take it that you are talking about: background-repeat: repeat-y; ? If you are I tried that but it didn't work.

Member #
    Yes, that. Why doesn't it work?
    Set the background of the page to "attachment:fixed" and make the shadow graphic very tall, maybe 1600px...

Member #
    I don't know why it doesnt work... Coz IE sucks... I know that IE 5/6 dispaly certian CSS elements differently i don't know if thats it.

Doesn't making the shaddow graphic 1600px tall defeat the purpouse of having a repeated background? I have a small (600px tall) graphic that is quicker to load (as opposed to a 1600px tall graphic) then i use another graphic to repeat as the background because the rest of the background is the same pink as the bottom so I can repeat a 1px tall gif. I also want another DIV to span the entier height of the screen (i.e. 100%) when there isn't enough content to stretch it.

Member #
    I looked at it with IE 6 and the shaddow on the right side of the page goes from top to bottom. Place min-height:100% in the div style and that should fix the problem. However I'm not sure if IE supports this as I haven't tried it.

Member #
    I'm pretty sure IE doesn't support CSS min-height/max-height (or atleast I've never got it to work.)

Member #
    min/max are, 100%, not supported, but repeat-y is DEFINATLY IE supported. "background-repeat: repeat-y"

Put it in, it will work for IE 3.0+
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Member #
    TwiztedFake: Did the pink background stretch all the way to the bottom too? Also what resolution are you using? Allthough resolution in theory (which we all know is a fine thing) should have nothing to do with the problem.

I don't understand why it would work in your browser and not mine. Any one know a possible problem? I deleted all of my temporary internet files and cookies.

any other anwsers or ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    i didn't read all the posts here but... will this help? http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads