Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the text for my links to wrap in divs. Right now in firefox the text just continues past the width of the div, where in IE it expands the div . I've never had a problem like this before, but I think thats because I used tables for everything. Any help is appreciated.

Here is a link:
    http://206.116.224.94:447/current/

Sorry I keep forgetting to change it to my isp ip.

Member #
    Bad link ?

Member #
    It works for me... change the overflow property to something other than visible (the default) which can deal with how the browser shows text that overflows the way you have it. I'm not sure how to force a line break that will keep the same width while expanding the height.

Member #
    Thanks for the help. The overflow property was what I was looking for. I have a small display problem with non IE browsers. If you look at the bottom of the menu you'll notice a small space between the bottom of the menu, and the background pic underneath it.

Member #
    I found out what causes the space to appear between the last menu item, and the pic below it. It seems when I increase or decrease the text-size in firefox or netscape the space will sometimes go away, but comes back at other text sizes. The I don't have this problem with IE is because changing the text-size doesn't do change the text-size for me.

Does anyone know why it does this, or how to stop it from happening? Any help is appreciated.

Member #
    I fixed the problem. Had something to do with nested divs inside tables.

Remove Ads