Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    The content on the left of page is in a cell that is 215 wide by 279 long. The content is from another file called "welcome.html" It is specified at 215 X 279. However it does not fill the cell. I played with scroll settings and such, with no luck at all. Maybe someone on here can tell what I did wrong. By the way this is the first site that I did using photoshop and dreamweaver. It was going good untill this problem. Thanks for any help

click here for site in question

Member #
    This code here:
    Code:
    <iframe src="welcome.html" width="215" height297 frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    is missing an equal sign after the height property, and some quotes. It should be this:
    Code:
    <iframe src="welcome.html" width="215"
    height="297" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Member #
    Thanks Spluf, I changed that (can't believe I didn't see that after looking at that for at least an hour) It is better but the content still doesn't fit correctly. I was thinking that if I specified it in "welcome.htm." and in "index.html" that all content should fit in cell. Again thanks. It did help but it is still not fitting.

Member #
    Take the info in welcome.html out of a table. You don't need a table within a table. Just put the welcome.html content in welcome.html w/o a table.

You need to take into account the scrollbars. They're about 20 pixels each. Your iframe is 215x297. The scrollbar is included in this. When you specify the welcome.html table is 215 pixels wide, it's wider than the useable area in the iframe. Thats why you're getting both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

Member #
    Whew!!. thanks alot, after you explained it, makes a lot of sense. Didn't think about the width of the scrollbars. You DA Man

Remove Ads