Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Found it, katiemarie, but how do I use it to check the page in the browser. (Nothing in the Help search I did).
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Well it should've checked it when you opened it. If you're not seeing anything, then that's not the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks again, Katiemarie...

Could I just ask whether anyone could point me to where we could learn more about Javascript console?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    We finally found what was the problem that inaugurated this thread, so I'm posting what we discovered in the hope that it might help others with related woes...

The screwed-up alignment that we got with our text-based navigation in a 'table' HTML page turned out to be the fault of the text being formatted as an unnumbered list. Once we removed the list formatting and had it as just plain text in the CSS navcontainer, the alignment problems were resolved and the trial page looked the same in IE and Navigator/Mozilla (ie the nav text was centre-aligned in the left hand table column, which is what we required).

There are seemingly some rendering problems to do with lists that show up between different browsers.

We aren't sure anymore why we had the nav text in list format...
    Probably that's how it was in whatever example we copied into our pages. (One of the more unfortunate fruits of plagiarism?).

Anyway, we hope this info is of help to anyone suffering similar non-alignment pangs. (But we think we'll persevere with CSS for page designs, since it's fun and new {well, it is to us...})

Sorry about the double braces back there, I get over-parenthesised, occasionally.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Despite a sniffly cold :tired: during our best heatwave for ages, I helped Jennifer get some of her pages updated with the CSS nav and some footprint thingies to break up the monotony of the plain nav text.

While we know neither of us is much good with our respective graphics programs (a quick curtsey to the US spelling), we hoped it might add to the desired informal approach to the site's theme.

Example at: Algarve Tourism

Any comments? Totally naff?? Remove at once and stand in the corner for an hour?? Get a better image?? Get a life?? Give up trying??

All suggestions (that are physically possible) welcomed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So I guess those footprints weren't naff, weren't good, ergo must be absolutely BLAHHH...?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads