Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I am currently having a problem with IFRAMES.
    For reasons I cannot disypther everytime a Page exceeds the height of the IFRAME both scrollbars appear and it allows you too scroll to the right of the content.
    If the content is less than the height of the IFRAME the scrollbars disappear.

I have dont everything from changing the size of the IFRAME to changing the size of the content.
    Even if the content takes up less than half the width of the IFRAME as soon as the height is exceeded there appears both scrollbars and still you can scroll to the right of the frame.

It shouldn't happen as there is nothing to the right of the content to scroll too not even empty space.

I have my server up and running for you to check the site.

http://baileynet.no-ip.info/fighttime/index.html

once there select the GREATEST FIGHTS page and you will see what I mean.

Hope someone can help as it really bugging me now.

Member #
    I just had a look and it looks fine to me there is no horisontal scroll bar at the bottom.

However on the index page the problem occurs. This is because the page you are loading into the iframe is made using tables and the table is wider than the iframe so when you load the page into the iframe it will scroll left to right unless you increase the width of the iframe. To fix this problem simply change the width of the table from 550 to 525 or to however wide it needs to be to stop it from scrolling left to right.

Hope this helps.

Member #
    Similar iframe issues

I've been dealing with a similar problem all day with iframes. I was getting a horizontal scrollbar but only in IE on a PC. It was appearing fine in 3 differnt browers on a Mac and netscape and Mozilla on the PC. Not a great solution, but if I turned scrolling="yes" instead of auto it fixed the problem in IE on the PC. But..... now the scrollbar totally disappeared in IE on a Mac. Any ideas?

In a similar thread I read that you could use css "overflow: auto;" as another option. Could someone expand on how I would use this? Would it be in place of an iframe?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

Member #
    I am having the same problems, but another problem i am having with iframes is that i cannot seem to have colored scrollbars show up. The css code seems to be right, as i have seen the exact code work on a website like www.thisnightmareends.com. If you click the image at that website and get the openbrowser window part of the site, you will notice that the color scrollbars work just fine,(this is on a PC, im not sure if it shows up on a mac) and i'm using basically the same css code. Here is the code i am using:

body {scrollbar-face-color: #000000; scrollbar-shadow-color: #707070;
    scrollbar-highlight-color: #707070; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #707070;
    scrollbar-darkshadow-color: 707070; scrollbar-track-color: #000000;
    scrollbar-arrow-color: #707070}
    body,td,th {color: #707070;}
    body {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: #000000; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px;}
    a:link {color: #FFFFFF;}
    a:visited {color: #707070;}
    a:hover {color:#707070;}
    a:active {color: #707070;}

Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks, Ryan.

Member #
    I haven't looked at everyone's page that's posted here, but I've seen a few iframe problems over the last few days. The problem most people were having was this: in the HTML file they were loading into the iframe, people were creating a table and putting their content in there.

If you create an iframe that's 500 pixels wide, and then load a table into that iframe that's 500 pixels wide, it's going to cause horizontal scrolling. The reason: the vertical scrollbar (which is about 20 pixels) is included in the iframe's width of 500pixels. When content needs to scroll down, the vertical scrollbar is added, reducing the width of useable window space. If you've loaded a 500px wide table into that iframe, now it's going to scroll horizontally too.

The fix? Simple. Dont use ANY tables in the html file you're loading into the iframe. The content will fit into your iframe automatically. It's not going to stretch outside of your iframe. It'll just fit. Hopefully this helps a few people.

Member #
    Onestepaway: Are you testing your code in IE for PC? That's the only place it'll work. Colored scrollbars are not a W3C standard, they're something that Uncle Bill (Gates) wanted so he put them in his browser. No other browser supports colored scrollbars other than IE.

EDIT: Also, you've defined "Body" three different times in the style sheet you posted.

Member #
    Another note about iframes:
    You should always test it in a few browsers, like Firefox,IE and Opera, because most of the times the table inside the iframe is too big and causes scrolling, wether it works in one browser. I had a problem with that once and I had to put around 15px less to make it work in browsers other than IE.

Remove Ads