Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all. I'm fairly new to CSS and have developed all my sites using Dreamweaver Templates. I find this Quick, Easy and Changes to the design are as simple as changing the template.

On a design planning level, I'm a bit of a novice.

I understand that the latter pro above, is also a pro of CSS, but I'm a bit confused. Is CSS potentially a replacement for DW Templates?

The reason I ask is that the thing I DON'T like about DW templates is the amount of code on child pages that is un editable, making scripting a bit of a pain. (adding script to the <head> etc).

Is there another way apart from these two methods to create a site that allows global changes to the design to be done in one place?

I thank you for any tips/links/tuts
    Aaron

Member #
    With enough CSS, you actually do have a template, assuming you used enough classes/ids, but to a novice webdesigner, or even some experts, this may be a bit too laboursome. I personally prefer the external stylesheet to any kind of template.
    Whoth steps forth to mock the teal? Whom couldst say a color superior!

Proclamith me, it cannot be done.

Remove Ads