Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have this code

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Css and Html</title>
    <style>
    #main
    {
    border:1px solid #000000;
    margin:auto;
    height:700px;
    width:600px;
    background-color:gray;#000000
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="main">
    I want a box for a navigation, just a 1 px box like on www.jooldesigns.net/v4, on the left and then news boxes in the center, how would i do this, where would i put the code.

I want to be able to put an image that says nav at the top of it can someone add the code to the code i have show me what they did why and how i edit it

Im a noob at CSS

Thanks

Member #
    Where to start..

I don't think it can all be taught from this thread.. I would really recommend looking around the web for basic CSS sites.. If you want to see how multi column layouts are done, sometimes the best way is to look at other ones..

http://www.dagondesign.com/resources.php <- this page is a work in progress, but the resources page has some links that might help, a couple of them are for css layout generation sites that are good for those new to CSS to look at.. generate the layout you want.. and study the code to see how it is done.. then try making one yourself..

There are always different ways to do things in CSS, but you can learn to expand on the basics as you go on.
    The Temple of Dagon | Dagon Design
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." - HPL

Member #
    how do i put things ontop of the grey box i already have??
    EDIT: really all i want is a nav bar on the left and a box in the center(maybe even one on the right)

all i want the navigation to be is a box, that has a 1px border, then have a box in the center, for news and updates, i need to know how i can make these go ontop of CSS, is it really that hard?

Since i never have done CSS, where do i put the code for the boxes?? can someone give me the code for this, where/ how do i create text

Another question i have is do i just save the page as index.html and then have the doctype at the top??

Member #
    What exactly is a DIV, is this what my code is, look at the post above for my other questions

Remove Ads