Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Well, after an EXCELLENT welcome from a few members in such a short time after joining WDF, I'm already falling in love with the forums. Sooooo, here's my first dillema.

I'm in the midst of re-designing my portfolio site and I would like to include printable versions of some of my pages. i.e. resume, letters of recommendation and so on.

Is CSS the way to go and where do I begin? I've been browsing through a few tutorial sites and Macromedia's Developer Center and haven't found anything that I quite understand yet. I'm finding that CSS is the wave of the future and I need to learn it ASAP. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes css is defenatly the way to go.. it comes with the ability to create print specific styles..

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The w3c has outlined how you can use css to create a css stylesheet specifically for print.

It may seem a bit cryptic if you are not familar with css but there are many sites that will help help break down paged media with css that are much more user frendly.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    There is also the option of dynamically creating PDFs, which in the long run is the only sure way to ensure accurate printing across platforms. Although CSS print has excellent support (I'd say close to 99.5% of your browsing public. A great example of a differnet print stylesheet is A List Apart
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Actually CSS is not the wave of the future, its the way of the now and yesterday and tomarrow all together, its over 6 years old. anyway the best place to find out about it is to research through. www.alistapart.com and from where you are comming from i think this artical would be good place to start..

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/journey/

good luck

-Caleb

Remove Ads