Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,
    I need a little help with my website. Im very new to using CSS to create my website and I ran into a little problem.

If you look at the picture I have attached, you will see that the bottom div where I inserted || Seattle University || Albers School Of Business || 900 Broadway, Seattle, WA, 98122-4340 || shows up in the middle of the page.

This only happens when I first click on the link to the page and when the page is longer the the height of the screen. Once I refresh the page it shows up perfectly fine (as seen in the picture below)

To create this page, I created a main wrapper div to enclose everything including the bottom div. Then within that div, I created one div for the main content area and the bottom div.

This is the css coding I used for the bottom div

Code:
    #bottom {
    	position: relative;
    	top: 20px;
    }
    I am using windows explorer at the moment to view the page.

You can visit the page at http://66.235.184.119/~pzrydupf/index.php. It happens on the main index page and the marketing committee page so far.

Thanks for any help

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I can't reproduce the problem at all, although you have other layout issues in firefox where the wrapper div is not extending the full length of the page. But I think I know the problem, at least one of them.

In your #bottom declaration put in [minicode]clear:both;[/minicode]

Also, put your <div id="bottom"> inside the content div, not just the frame - that should fix your layout issue in firefox.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Hey Brak thanks for the help. The reason you cannot reproduce the problem is because I fixed it a few hours ago.

As for using clear:both; to fix the FireFox problem, I guess it does not work if I put it in the #Bottom div because I have added that ever since I fixed it, so you should have seen the change.

"Also, put your <div id="bottom"> inside the content div, not just the frame - that should fix your layout issue in firefox."

Wouldnt that put the bottom div inside the white space? if so that is not what I am trying to accomplish

Remove Ads