Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Hey guys,

I have a page that I'm laying out with CSS positioning but I'm stuck at something.

i have a bottom part of the site with privacy/legal links copyright info etc.

how with CSS can I tell it to always be after the longest element on my page which will be my text.

this is how im defining my text tag to give you a better visual of what's happening

#text { position:absolute; visibility:show; left:190; top:117; z-index:1; width:580;}

so pretty much my question is what do i put here

#bottom { position:absolute; visibility:show; ???????????????? }

I realize that I could of course set its top a little down from where the text actually ends but I want the code to do it for me if you know what I mean so that I can use it for other pages too where the text part won't be as long

I really hope my question makes sense and would really appreciate your help

Thank you kindly in advance

Member #
    put a <div> tag inside the <div> tag that the main site is in.

then use:

Code:
    <div style='position:relative'>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Welcome to the board, ivcho!

It sounds like what you want is relative positioning (i.e. you want your bottom text to start at a position relative to the end of your top text.) Instead of position:absolute, you want position:relative.

Visibility is set to show by default so you won't need that.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Sorry.. totally forgot to reply here

I knew about the relative positioning but didn't know I could use negative values for its position.. anyway.. this is what I ended up with

#bottom { position:relative; visibility:show; z-index:1;left:-170px; top:100px;}

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't know if I can forgive you for not answering me...ah, what the heck?

Glad you got it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads