Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am a freshman Web Development student. I caught on to the html and css easily, but I am having trouble with Javascript. Anyone have any tips on making it easier to remember how to write the code? Any help would be appreciated.

Member #
    the only real way to learn something is to try it for yourself hands-on. Try reading some Javascript books and from there, just play around with the code and try to get the logic and syntax of Javascript and you should be good to go. There are tons of Javascript websites out there, the other thing to do aside from reading some Javascript literature. Check out common websites and take a look at their source code to see if you understand the flow, code, and logic of the Javascript that is used in the page(s).

Member #
    This is what I do. Quickly read a book from end to end to get an overview, then set about a fairly complex project of your own, rereading the relevant chapters and picking peoples knowledge on forums where you need to. There's no two ways about it, you learn most from making mistakes.

Member #
    And as for a book, DOM Scripting - Jeremy Keith. The best! Starts from the basics e.g. syntax, alert boxes, and progresses onto creating full websites and techniques for web applications all in an accessible and cross-browser way. Worth every penny!

Member #
    I'll have to check that Book out, for places that offer Free EBooks, go here:

EBooks Portal

SoftArchive

Remove Ads