Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Help
    Im creating a site that my client needs to be able to insert his own content everyday without screwing up our design or knowing HTML. Although I know frames are bad Im currently using them b/c its the only way I can think of to let him save & upload his stuff easily. Im aware of Macromedia Contribute and am considering it but does anyone else have any ideas?
    THanks

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    PHP/mySQL. That's the way I'll go. Create a template and plug stuff into it using php.

very simple version:

index.php:
    Code:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD><TITLE> TITLE </TITLE>
    <BODY>
    <?   
        // content for a page.
    ?>
    </body>
    </HTML>
    You'd call the page as "index.php?view=contact" and it will use the $view variable to get proper content for the "contact" page from the database and show it.

You can then have an admin side which will let him deal with the whole site on line.

This can also be done with Perl or ASP. Same idea.
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    hm that sounds a little over my head, I havent done database stuff before. And I wouldnt know how to set up the admin area. He wants it as simple as possible. Is there a simple way to do this or set up your idea?

Remove Ads