Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Drop Down Menus

Member #
    Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this - move it or whatever if neccesary.

Basically, we are trying to put a drop down navigation system into our vBulletin header - it's the default Fireworks drop down menus FYI. It works when we preview in IE, but when I copy the code into the header and preview the site 'live', the header is updated, there are no JS errors that I can see [although apparently some people can see some], but the menus refuse to work.

code attached

Any ideas / Hints / Fixes?

TIA,

Ollie
    Hardly the sharpest thing in the drawer.
    Design | Life | Outdoors | Ryukin Radio

JR
    Member #
    filburt will be anrgy you mentioned the word vbulletin, is this a question about the code or the file system on vB?
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Try changing this:
    Code:
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFE1" text="#000000" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#666666">
    <script language="JavaScript1.2">mmLoadMenus();</script>
    to this:
    Code:
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFE1" text="#000000" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" alink="#666666" onLoad="mmLoadMenus()">
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    jravenscroft:
    the only reason i mentioned vBulletin was in case anyone knew of a problem inc. js on php pages. It's only attached to vB because i'm trying to incorporate it into the header template.

thegame1264:
    thanks for replying so quickly. I tried it, but it didn't work any more ideas? would it be useful if i posted the the forums parsed source code so you can see where it goes wrong?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    This is a very edgy thread. Please keep it in the context of menus on pretty much any HTML page.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    None. I don't use vBulletin.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    OK, thanks anyway.

Remove Ads