Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Just wondering what everyone thinks about it. With a project I'm working on, I'm debating setting up my own framework or just using PHP-Nuke. My project is basically a huge searchable database, with the front page maybe being 10 most searched for topics, or whatever. Also, is there an easy way to track 10 most searched topics?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Have an extra field for the number of times each topic has been searched. Just query all db entries with the topic rating as the argument, list by rating descending order (highest number of searches being first) limit 10.

Example (possibly) :
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM `tableName` WHERE RATING<1 ORDER BY RATING DESC LIMIT 10
    - Brian

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Kewl, but why RATING < 1?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    You could probably make that RATING<0. As long as the topic has been searched once the rating should have at least a value of 1, so this should return all entries with a rating greater than 0 or 1 (which ever you use) and the Descending order and the limit 10 should narrow it down to the top 10 searched.
    - Brian

Remove Ads