Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    so..I have this code borrowed from someone who has a better clue of what they are doing than I.(below) And it works just fine. although- a few people get blank windows when they try to get into my site and I am starting to think that it is the Security settings on IE 6 in some office situations. I really just need help getting this site up! help. :beard: I would like to have the window open in a large screen (not full screen) as my flash object is 1004 X 590 pixels. I have another link with a scaled down (73%)flash object for 800X 600.
    I am happy how it works right now- yet I lose all no java surfers.

Code:
    <p><A HREF=javascript:NewWindow=window.open('CY/LevelZRO.html','newWin','width='+screen.availWidth+',height='+screen.availHeight+',left=0,top=0,border=0,toolbar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,resizable=no,fullscreen=no');NewWindow.focus();void(0);><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">View 
            site for 1024 X 768 resolution. *best</font></a>
    i have searched high and low and think there is a way to have the java code and an html code that can direct to the link- what i am guessing is java disabled peoples will have to resize their window or i must do a fixed window for them? I am in over my head and can use some help.

Member #
    should I just scrap that idea and make a browser window in html that is 1024X768? should I just make that the size or do you have to go a bit smaller than screen res size?

JR
    Member #
    the code is javascript, not java - they are two different things. 99.9% can use javascript... i don't think it can be disabled (i might be wrong)... i will post a file in a second on what i think you want?

Instead of using 2 links for different resolutions it is possible to have one link that opens the new window in a size depending on resolution
    JR

JR
    Member #
    this is wrong because i never use popups...

i am sure transio, our resident genius, will fix it though

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function flashwindow() {
    	if (screen.width < 1004 & screen.height < 590) {
    			window.open('smallflash.html', width="733", height="431");
    	} else {
    			window.open('largeflash.html', width="1004", height="590");
    	}
    }
    -->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body>
    <a href="javascript:flashwindow()">Open Flash Film</a>
    </body>
    </html>
    JR

Member #
    thank you JR i appreciate you helping a javastooge
    I've been reading posts all night and this morning and switched it to two links like this:
    Code:
    			<p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="CY/LevelZRO.html" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'child', 'height=768,width=1024'); return false">View 
            site for 1024 X 768 resolution.</a> 
    		<p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="CY/LevelZROtwo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'child', 'height=600,width=800'); return false">View 
            site for 800 X 600 resolution.</a>
    combining them would be great, yet isn't there a pop up problem with java on office computers due to their software?

JR
    Member #
    yes, they might have pop-up blockers, thats one of the reasons why i dont use them.
    JR

Member #
    will the changes i just made theoretically work now on those?

JR
    Member #
    not sure how pop-up blockers work, one of the people who are more genius than myself will be able to tell you though, i assume that pop-up blockers block any window spawned by any other method than html
    JR

Remove Ads