Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all, this is my first post as a web developer. So I'm sorry if I leave anything out.

I am currently working on a project for my company. We have a embedded windows media player on one of our pages that will play different conference calls bases on whatever <a> tag you click on.

The onclick function of the <a> tag looks like this onclick=document.all.playcall.src='/global_en/media/"conferencecall".mp3?sami=2008_03_27.smi

Playcall is the ID of the media player. So it passsed that variable into the media player which is expecting it

This is then passed up into our embedded media player. Now this works fine in IE 6 and 7, however the problem I am having is trying to perfom this same action in FireFox.

When the link is pressed the status bar of the media player briefly says connecting to media nothing seems to happen. I've done alot of researching and I found that in FireFox you should not use document.all method instead you should use getElementById method.

My question is how would I go about changing synatx from document.all to the getElementById?

I am sorry if this is extremely stupid question but I just started in this field 2 months ago and I've been doing fine up until this point and I don't want to let my boss down.
    Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. If you can't solve it maybe you know somewhere I can to find this answer that would be great as well.

Again I'm sorry if I didn't give enough information but just let me know what you need and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerly Web Developer in Distress

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Instead of document.all.playcall, you need to do document.getElementById('playcall'). Also, you should double-check those quotes. There should be double quotes around the Javascript (because it's in the onclick attribute) and single quotes around the src. I doubt you need double quotes around conferencecall.

Remove Ads