Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Basically we have a javascript pop up in which is a list of members usernames and they all link to the members profiles. At present the usernames currently open in a new window on click because of the use of target="_blank". I have tried target="_parent" but the profile opens within the tiny popup window which I dont want. I want it to open in the main window so browsing is better and easier. Please help, Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Is there any actual Javascript involved? Targets are not javascript, they are plain HTML.

Member #
    Only the actual pop up. Is there a simple way to do this with HTML?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not really, you'd have to resort to Javascript. Look into `lightbox' scripts. These typically let you bring up sub-content within the context of a larger page. They're often used for image galleries and such, but a lot of the scripts will also merrily bring up another page in an iframe. That's the most straightforward way.

The more advanced one would be to use AJAX to fetch the member profile, shove it into a div somewhere, and show that. That allows you to avoid the page headers and such more easily when displaying the profile, since the iframe is basically just an embedded version of the full regular page.

Remove Ads