Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello. I am brand new to web design, and in fact I have been recently thrown into this so I need some help.

I am using Dreamweaver CS3 to maintain our company website. So I will edit the xhtml there and then copy the code into a content management program called Sitellite.

The task I am trying to accomplish is removing a particular button from a page, and when I do, the Sitellite program removes the line of code that enables an image rollover function (a photo on the same page changes to a different photo when you roll your mouse over it). I believe that line of code may be Javascript. I'm not sure what that is exactly, but I was told it might be. Who knows.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Rollover stuff is indeed Javascript. There are two possibilities as to what is going on. The first is that the CMS is removing it because it doesn't accept Javascript code for security purposes. The other is that the CMS is putting the code in fine, but it's using Dreamweaver Javascript for doing the rollovers, but the supporting JS functions aren't included on your site, and so the functions don't do anything once they're on the page.

The latter is probably more likely, but neither is easily solvable. If you are trying to put rollovers in the middle of a CMS page, however, you're probably doing something wrong -- either because the content doesn't need the rollover, or because you are actually wanting to build your own site.

Member #
    Thank you for the insight.

Here is the link to the page I am trying to fix:
    http://www.climatemaster.com/index/comm_gr_gs_page

The photo of the units has the rollover function, but I am trying to remove the buttons "Engineering Guide" just below it. I don't understand how the buttons are connected to the photo in such a way that it removes the rollover feature when I delete the buttons.

Do you want me to post the code as well?

Remove Ads