Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,
    I am using a content slider on my portfolio. I was thinking it wouldbe neat if I could add a sound, so when you click the link that slides the new content up, it would make a rolling/sliding sound. Obviously I need the sound first, but how would I implement this? For now my portfolio is on the free web space through my Internet provider (and yes, I know I need to get real space on a real server, but for right this second that isn't an option....maybe y'all can help me out with good web hosts as well) and I can't upload Flash files. I am not very proficient at JavaScript, so am not sure if I can use JavaScript for the sound file or not? Or should I just wait until I have a "real" website and use Flash? And, if I can't use JavaScript, can I use Flash for the sound and keep the JavaScript for the sliding content? I don't want to use Flash for the whole page, regardless of the server issue.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Remove Ads