Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Can any one help me in this problem. I always use Adobe Imageready for doing rollover affect and every time I do 4 and up rollovers links it gives me an error. Not only that but the affect take a long time for it to work. For example please check out this site that I'm doing for a friend ( http://gmora1.tripod.com/Sample%20We...dex_sample.htm ). Is there other software for doing rollovers of links. I have the source as an attachment file. I hope you can help me with anoying error. Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    OH MY GOD !!! This is why I don't use programs to generate rollover scripts for me. I looked at your source, and this is what it's doing for ONE rollover:

<a ONMOUSEOVER="toggleImages('home', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-home_o-04.jpg', 'home', 'images/home-over.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'services', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-services_.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services-over.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'claims', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contact_o.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims-over.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16-claims_ov.jpg'), 'faq', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contac-11.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq-over.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), '', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contac-11.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg')); return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="toggleImages('home', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-home_o-06.jpg', 'home', 'images/home-over.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'services', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-servic-09.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services-over.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'contact', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contac-11.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'claims', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-claims_ov.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims-over.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16-claims_ov.jpg'), 'faq', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq-over.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), '', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15.jpg')); return true;" ONMOUSEDOWN="toggleImages('home', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-home_o-04.jpg', 'home', 'images/home-over.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'services', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-services_.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services-over.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), 'claims', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contact_o.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims-over.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16-claims_ov.jpg'), 'faq', new Array('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contac-11.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq-over.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'), ); return true;" ONMOUSEUP="selected='contact'; changeImages('cas_template_3_01', 'images/cas_template_3_01-contac-11.jpg', 'home', 'images/home.jpg', 'services', 'images/services.jpg', 'contact', 'images/contact-over.jpg', 'claims', 'images/claims.jpg', 'faq', 'images/faq.jpg', 'cas_template_3_15', 'images/cas_template_3_15-contact_o.jpg', 'cas_template_3_16', 'images/cas_template_3_16.jpg'); return true;" target="mainFrame" href="contact.htm">

Member #
    Yeah, that's disgusting.... I looked at that not too long after he posted the question and I freaked out so bad I had to leave for a couple of hours... :-[

Rollovers are relatively easy to hand-script with javascript and much easier to read and debug.
    - Brian

Member #
    Thanks alot for the information. So the suggestion is to learn Javascript. I guess programs don't really do a good job. What other suggestions you guys or gals have for me so I can start learning al this good stuff.

Member #
    These 4 links are taken from this thread, as recommendations on sites to visit to learn Javascript:

JR
    Member #
    [searchweb]thau javascript tutorial[/searchweb] is also quite handy.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    http://www.imagearts.ryerson.ca/mpm0...placement.html

The very last one is the one you want. It will preload the rollover images after the site is loaded (so there's no delay in load time) and then when you need them, they're cached on the user's browser.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    What about books. What do you guys recommend?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Putting them on a coffee table and resting my Molson Canadian bottle and steak plate on them.

(Nope. Not a book guy here.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads