Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: resizing frame

Member #
    ok - I have a page set up with three frames:

<frameset border=0 framespacing=0 frameborder=0 rows='*,16,100 id="mainframe" name="mainframe" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<frame src="url.html" id="mainframe" name="mainframe" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<frame src="url2.php3?CartSize=<? echo $CartSize; ?>" id="cartframe" name="cartframe" noresize target="cartframe" scrolling="auto" marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>

<frame src="url3.php?ID= <? echo $_COOKIE['chatID']; ?>" id="shopframe" name="shopframe" noresize target="shopframe" scrolling="no" marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>

</frameset>

in the second frame there is a navigation bar which has a link "SHOW CART" and while the frame is set to 16, all you see is the navigation bar -

I'm trying to figure out how to allow my visitors to expand and minimize that second frame, WITHOUT reloading the whole frameset and web pages held within the other frames.

I've most recently tried making the "SHOW CART" link to call this javascript function:

function cartBig()
    {
    parent.document.getElementById("mainframe").rows = "*",95,100;
    }

i don't get an error with this - but the second frame doesn't change either.

Any ideas anyone?

Member #
    aha!- I think i've found a way!

http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/diner/frresize/

this article has some answers if you're interested..

Thanks.

Remove Ads