Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all!
    Does anyone know how to change the mouse pointer on a webpage with your own image of choice? Can this be done with Javascript or AJAX? I've seen it done in flash, but I'm wondering if it can be done any other way. I haven't found an anwer on the net so far.

------

Another thing that is bugging me, is that I want to have some links be positioned around a point (like an image) on a page. That should be easy enogh to do with html/css. But is there anyway, (i'm thinking javascript/ajax here) to make these links fly out from the image, or fly into the image?

Any help is appreciated.

Member #
    Hello? Anyone there?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Definitely not on the cursor issue. IE may support specifying a URL to a .cur file (possibly), but in general no. Even Flash doesn't really replace the cursor, the way to do it in Flash is to hide the cursor and then use an image that moves everywhere the mouse does.

As for the other question, we need a little more detail as to what you want to achieve.

Member #
    Thanks shadow for the response. I guess I'll have to give up on the curser issue. Not too big a deal, just wondering.

But the second part of my question is much more important as it will be a central part of the webiste. What I've got, is a page with an image in the middle.I want some links to appear around this image, and upon the page load, these links fly out from the image in the centre and go to their assigned positions around the image. I've attached an image, illustrating this. I've found a script that moves the links around, but I can't work out how to customise it, so that the links are postiioned whee I want them etc. I think this could be way over my head. Also, I know this is probably getting off topic here in the JS forum, but what would be the best way to position the links around the image (forget the js, just looking at css in this case). Would it be best to do absolute, relative or fixed poisitoning? Or even an image map?

Sorry for the load of questions. I've also attached a html file with js and css included with what I want to do. I know it looks messy, but I'll fix that up later, I'm just working on getting this right first. It might be best to view this in IE, as the script doesn't seem to work in firefox or chrome very well, or at all. Agrh! Anothe problem!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads