Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I hope I am placing this in the correct forum. I am trying to set up event tracking on a website I maintain. I have a page on this website where there is a list of links and clicking on a link draws up information via an AJAX script. Because of this, clicks on these links don't appear in the normal Analytics report. Here is the page in question:

http://www.ekvalltornblom.se/konstnarer.php

So I want to use Event Tracking in Google Analytics to mark note of every time a visitor clicks on those links. The feature seems to be designed exactly for this type of situation.

Looking at Google literature it seesm one needs to add the following to the links:

_trackEvent(category, action, optional_label, optional_value)

So I modified my links as shown in the Google literature, here is an example of one of the links:

Code:
    <a href="konstnarer/nyberg.php" onClick="pageTracker._trackEvent('Artist', 'Visit', 'Ann Nyberg');" rel="ajaxcontentarea">Ann Nyberg</a>
    Artist being the catagory, Visit being the action, and Ann Nyberg is the optional label (this value changes from link to link depending on the artist.

I did all this and I haven't seen anything register on the Google Analytics page. So I'm wondering if I am missing some additional script?

Can anyone help me out with this one?

Remove Ads