Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey All,
    I am in the process of hand coding my first site (i've been working in CMSs for quite some time), the site will act as my personal portfolio/freelancer base in the coming months. Mainly the site is a way to test out my skills, and I am going over my options for content display.

My initial thought was to perhaps design with the "one-page" concept, which I highly enjoy. But after some thinking about what I would like to provide (such as area for potential clients to download contracts/agreements), as well as a area with information about the various CMS systems I use; I think I might need a multi-page site. So I would like to ask your opinion on what you think about the following, and your suggestions on techniques for the one you choose.

1.Go with the multi-page site, perhaps making the home page very artsy. i.e.-pic of me, links placed in neat locations...you know the look. Each additional page could have a life of it's own as well.

2.Go with the single page, and provide tabs for the content area in the middle.

3.Go with the single page, and provide a slider for the content area.

4.Go with the horizontal scroll technique, where each page is accessed by scrolling left or right (so the site would be 4000px+ wide)

5.Go with a multi-page instiallion, with large hand drawn arrows on the side of each page that are clicked to access the next page.

Perhaps another concept? Links to tutorials/live demos would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Devon

Remove Ads