Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have two domains: call them affiliates.com and membership.com

On the affiliates.com site, I have affiliate management software where I can setup a number of different affilaite programs.

On the membership.com site, I have a membership site where people pay for a monthly subscription membership.

Scenario:

A person (call him JOE) signs up for an affiliate program at the affiliates.com site and gets their referral link to use in advertisign the membership.com site.

After posting their referral link, a user (call him SAM) clicks the link and goes to the membership site. SAM signs up and pays for a membership.

JOE gets credit for the sale at the affiliates.com website and earns a commission from the sale.

After SAM has been signed into the membership site for a little while, he discovers a FORM on the membership site that asks him to fill it out to sign up for the site's affiliate program.

SAM fills out the signup form for the affiliate program and clicks submit.

SAM is taken to the affiliates.com website and allowed to log into his new affiliate account so he too can get his referral links.

PROBLEM:

Even though SAM is now a registered affiliate, the Affiliate management software did NOT place SAM under JOE for future referral purposes.

How can I get the FORM on the membership.com site to pass the original referrer (JOE) ID to the affiliate.com site so the affiliate software knows that SAM signed up under JOE?

ADDITIONAL INFO:

In JOE's back office of the affiliate software site, there are links for the affiliate program pointing people to the membership site, and then there is a single link on JOE's page that lets him refer people directly to the affiliate.com site to sign up.

Both types of links use JOE's referral ID on the end of the link, but I need to know how to tell the signup FORM on the membership.com site to read the original referrer ID from the cookie, and pass that ID along with SAM's name, address, etc to the affiliates.com site.

Cookie is set for 180 days on the membership.com site.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

Gator

Member #
    whew - this is going to be a tough one to help with as I'm a little dizzy from reading it . First thing, this probably isn't something you'll want or need to do with javascript, but that doesn't mean we can't help . It sounds like all you really need to do is put a hidden input field in the form that contains the id you need that will submit to the site that needs it - either that or post the id through a get variable (i.e. example.com?id=1234) and grab it that way (preferably through the server-side language you're using, not js). Does that help?

Member #
    Please make this a little bit easy,so that i could be helpful for me. Thanks

Remove Ads