Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need some advise on programming approaches. I have an Excel worksheet loaded on my server that has 1,500 rows and 20 columns of information. Column A is filled with stock symbols, while the other 19 columns have fundamental information. Visitors to my web page need to be able to enter a stock symbol which will be used to identify a row of fundamental information that will be returned to the web page. My question is: What's the best programming approach to interact with an Excel file from a web page?

Thanks,

ric

Member #
    Best approach? Don't. Use a database such as MySQL (or in this case, since its a flat file, maybe look into CouchDB or something similar). But if you really need to, use a server side language such as PHP. I believe there are some excel specific functions available. Check out php.net.

Remove Ads