Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I am a relatively new self-taught web designer running into my first big issue. I have created a PHP template for a page and am trying to create an autoscrolling javascript <div>. Currently, the scrolling works perfectly when I create a document with the div alone, however, when I try to implement my div and JS into my template, the JS seems to no longer call properly. I am using an onload command in the body tag (poor coding, I know, but I'm still new at this).

I believe that the problem stems from the fact that the open body tag is in one php file while the location that the script is called is in another php file. All of these come together in my template as a complete html file but the separation might be causing the issue. Anyone know any workaround for this? should I provide an example of the code that i am using? Thanks in advance.

Member #
    I have resolved the issue after a bit more playing with my code. Thanks for looking.

Remove Ads