Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm using Dreamweaver's interface to create a swap image for my site and it works fine in Dreamweaver's live view but doesn't load the swapped images in any browsers when I test it. It worked fine before I tried to update the images with newer ones; now it doesn't do anything in Firefox and comes up with an unable to load image in other browsers.

Is there a common issue that would cause this? I marked the preload image box when setting it up.

Thanks.

Edit: To clarify further - When I replaced the images with newer ones I also changed their positioning by simply switching their IDs around. This completely messed up the swap image code I had in place, so I deleted the swap image commands through the interface and re-did them... that's when it quit working. It worked fine after I replaced the images and before I moved them around.

Member #
    Hate to bump, but I still haven't been able to figure out the problem. I'm assuming some sort of code was left over after I tried to delete and replace all the JS commands that's messing with everything, but I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Put the site up somewhere and show us the link. It's probably easier if we see it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I realize that's standard practice, but since it's an update that currently isn't working... I don't want to overwrite the original page/images that are. Will work on adding everything separately.

Edit: That was easier than I thought to work around. Also, once I uploaded it, it started working fine... so I guess the issue is resolved!?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If it's working, then it's resolved. So there's no real need to worry about it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads