Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there scripters,

I would greatly appreciate any help if you've got the time --

1) take a look at http://www.arrowpathvc.com/main.html. The header image, when clicked, opens a pop-up window. I'd like to have that image (and associated pop-up window link) rotate through 4 seperate images/links.

2) I have a (slightly bugged) script located at http://www.arrowpathvc.com/randomimage.js

3) and the script embedded in http://www.arrowpathvc.com/main2.html, where you can see the header image isn't showing up.

I can't figure out why. Thanks in advance for any and all help -- especially Transio who's gotten me up to this point!

Thanks guys,
    Amanda

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok,

I screwed up the script a bit... problem was I was trying to edit it at home in Notepad (I had just reformatted my computer), and the whole script was on one line because all the formatting got stripped.

I've rewritten the js file to fix the problems... while I was at it, I rewrote the whole thing, because it was kinda messy.

The new file is attached.

Member #
    Hmm, this version seems to open up a whole new window entirely (instead of a small pop up version without scrollbar, etc.).

Reformatted? What happened to your computer? Is Notepad your text editor of choice (I work on a Mac)?

Thanks again,

Amanda

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I'll change the script to open a little window... but first, I'm gonna answer your questions...

I reformatted my machine because I rebuilt it as a windows 2000 server rather than an XP workstation. I wanted to add a full working IIS so that I can host sites at home (at least for testing and developing).

Notepad isn't my editor of choice. It doesn't color-code html tags or programming syntax, and it has poor search, editing, and text-parsing functionality. But since I haven't had a chance to install VisualStudio.NET, I'll have to deal with it for now

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, here it is... finally got it working the way I (and I think you) want it.

It opens up a new window (small) in the top left corner at 450 x 300 pixels with the new page. If there's already one open and you click the banner again, it will open the page in the same window and bring that window to the front again.

If you want to change the size of the window or add scrollbars you can modify the script (it's pretty easy to understand), or else just ask and I'll do it for ya.

Hope it works for you !!!

Member #
    You're a genius It works great! Check it out:

http://www.arrowpathvc.com

Thanks for the help! You saved the day.

Amanda

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Looks great, Amanda. Nice work

Remove Ads