Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Lightbox help

Member #
    Hello,

I have a question about Lightbox (the newest version) but don't know where to go since there is no lightbox forum.

I need to move the 'next' and 'prev' buttons off of the photo but can't figure out how for the life of me. I figured I would just be editing some css to reassign the positioning but it's not working and I'm not really sure why.

Does anyone have any lightbox experience?

Just in case, this is the website:
    http://www.lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/

The css won't move the buttons beyond the border (the black box that goes behind the photo). I would be willing to increase the size of the border if necessary, but this solution is not ideal.

I just absolutely need the buttons to be positioned not on top of the photo, but beside the photo.

Thanks for any and all help, big or small. I really need this done and soon (today or tmw)

edit: i posted the question here because i think the problem i'm having is in the javascript. any parts of the solution, if outside of the scope of this section of the forum (css or html) i should be able to figure out myself.

i found a variable that seems to define the size of the border in lightbox.js. when i increased the value of the variable the border got larger, but disproportionately around the image, so the width is what i want but the under the image the border is much too large.

i'll be digging through the source code trying to find more about the border. i'm not having much luck, though. any help at all is appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    have a look in the Lightbox css and play around with:

#hoverNav{}
    a#prevLink{}
    a#nextLink{}

These appear to be where the next and previous are generated.

Good luck with it though, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole...(and I know my CSS)
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    thanks i appreciate the advice, i'll head that way and see what i can do.

my knowledge off css is pretty limited, so i hope i can do this. it's a mandatory requirement i have to fulfill, and lightbox seems to be the easiest way for me to get the gallery i need (apart from this issue of the buttons).

anyways, thanks, i appreciate your input.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]In your lightbox.css file, around line 14, add what I've put in [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]red:[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]#prevLink {[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]left[/COLOR]: 0;
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]float[/COLOR]: left;
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]margin-left: -75px;[/COLOR]
    }

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]#nextLink {[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]right[/COLOR]: 0;
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]float[/COLOR]: right;
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]margin-right: -75px;[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/COLOR]}
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads